Connector type RTD sensor
Industrial RTD sensor
The active part of this sensor is made of a sensing element protected by a metallic sheath. Connection is made by a Jaeger, Lemo, Amphenol.... connector. Sliding or welded fittings allow a tight fixing.
from -200°C to +500°C
The choice of the materials and the fixing means are key elements for the sensor performance:
- resistance to vibrations
- resistance to the specific operating conditions
Mechanical resistance and response time, which seem opposite requirements, may be improved by reducing the sheath diameter in the active part.
1) of the sensing element:
PT100 - PT500 - PT1000
- Class A : + 0,15 °C + 0,002 °C [t°]
- Class B : + 0,30 °C + 0,005 °C [t°]
- Reduced tolerances on request
2) of the sensor:
Accuracy depends on the sensing element and the type of assembly with 2, 3 or 4 wires.Response time
Indicative data for a "DS" RTD sensor 1xPT100, 3 wires, with 304 SS 100 mm long protector,
temperature range –20°C + 100°C.
Time to reach x% of the temperature scale interval :
|9 mm with replaceable 6 mm thermic element||
Tests carried out in compliance with IEC 751 standard.
The most common dimensions are:
- total length "L" < 1000 mm
- diameter "D": 3 to 9 mm
• simple or double 100 Ohm platinum resistance
2, 3, 4 wires
• Generally stainless steel,
• with or without reduced tip
• Ceramics, ceramic powder
• Silicone, Teflon, Epoxy resin
Jaeger, Lemo*, Amphenol*, Souriau*...
• threaded fitting welded on protecting tube
• compression fitting
2 wires 3 wires 4 wires
immersed length into the measured process = 10 x diameter